Thursday 13 August 2009

Macrium Reflect

I was looking round for a decent disk imaging program and, on the recomendation of a fellow Microsoft MVP, I took a look at Macrium Reflect.

Then I downloaded the free edition. What an eye opener! It has a very clear user interface, is simple to use and I imaged a 35GB partition in 22 minutes. Any imaging or backup operations can be saved to a .xml file so it becomes a one-click operation to repeat the backup.

There is also the option to create a Linux-basd recovery disk should my system fail to boot, whereby I can restore the whole partition and quickly get back to work. Brilliant!

I will be upgrading soon to the full paid-for version as this allows incremental backups - the way I prefer to work. And at £19.99 this has got to be a bargain.

Download it, use it, back your data up. Remember that time when you really wished you had a recent backup? No excuses now!

No comments:

Post a Comment